[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

Liang Qi cavendish.qi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:13:46 CEST 2017

On 11 April 2017 at 10:22, Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11 April 2017 at 10:30, Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 April 2017 07:49:28 Tuukka Turunen wrote:
> >> There has been a lot of discussion about this in the mailing lists, I
> think
> >> the two ones below sum it up quite well.
> >
> > They sum up *your* POV well. But up to a few weeks ago, more fixes went
> into
> > 5.8 QtBase than changes into 5.9, even though TQC personell was asked to
> > ignore 5.8.
> >
> > You can close 5.8 on all other modules, if you wish, but I'd ask to keep
> it
> > open on QtBase, which has a lively development going on in 5.8 to this
> day.
>

> Here's an anecdote: this https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/189229/
> hasn't been merged
> to 5.9, as far as I can see. I find it curious that bugfixes from two
> weeks ago haven't trickled
> into 5.9 from 5.8 yet. Such matters may well raise the bar for users
> for working with 5.9 rather than
> with 5.8.
>
> You could check which changes in 5.8 are not merged in 5.9 yet:
https://gist.github.com/liangqi/afd4dea47e7ee84e017f4113844df5b1

There are only 6 changes in qtdeclarative.

Here is the merge for you: https://codereview.qt-project.org/191380

I normally will do merge if more than 10 changes, asked by someone, or just
before some releases(like 5.9 rc) and etc.

Certainly, there will be merges when 5.8 branch were closed. Don't worry
about that.

Best Regards,
Liang