[Development] As Qt contemplates its future..

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 13 21:38:16 CEST 2017

Em quinta-feira, 13 de abril de 2017, às 07:44:09 PDT, Alejandro Exojo
escreveu:
> On Thursday 13 April 2017 21:02:59 Randall O'Reilly wrote:
> > This also means that there is an endless potential for language wars,
> > which
> > I’m sure nobody wants to rehash on this list.
>
> Are you sure? Because in the next sentences seem like you exactly started to
> fight for one side. You said that C++ "is now massively bloated and
> unwieldy in some people’s estimation". And you send that to the mailing
> list of developers of a C++ framework, without wanting to start a war?
> Really? :-)

He did qualify it as "in some people's estimations", as opposed to saying that
as a general accepted truth, which we'd have disagreed on. We can't disagree
that some people think that C++ is bloated and unwieldy, I know several people
who think that.