[Development] How to include Standard Library headers from Qt ones?

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Sat Apr 15 00:49:35 CEST 2017

Howdy,

I'm looking for a resolution regarding the problem of including Standard
Library headers from Qt ones. Most notably, I'd like to find a solution
for the problems of:

* Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO over suitable Standard Library datatypes;
* defining qHash over suitable Standard Library datatypes;
* defining std::hash specializations for suitable Qt datatypes;
* ...

(A separate discussion is whether introducing those declarations in Qt
5.x would constitute an acceptable SIC / BIC. I'm not fully sure the
relative QUIP solves this.)

So, how and where should we add such definitions? The biggest issue to
solve would be the fact that, in order to provide definitions for types
from the Standard Library, one needs to include *a lot* of Standard
Library headers from Qt ones (think of the qHash overloads).

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts