[Development] QCOMPARE & mixed types

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Fri Apr 21 12:45:08 CEST 2017

On Freitag, 21. April 2017 12:10:07 CEST Marc Mutz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jedrzej asked me to raise the issue here.
>
> Rationale for both allowing, as well as for why I think the rationale for
> the existing ban is wrong, is included in the commit message:
>
>   https://codereview.qt-project.org/192269

I for one welcome this change. I always cringed when I wrote code such as

    QCOMPARE(getSomeQUint64(), 0)

and it would fail to compile, forcing me to write ugly code such as

    QCOMPARE(getSomeQUint64(), quint64(0))

I've also come across code that failed to compile some platforms, since it
used something like 0l or 0ll which did not match whatever platform-specific
type was used on the lhs...

So, from my side a clear +1!
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer