[Development] qdoc for C++ and QML

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 16:17:58 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 24/04/2017 14:23, Martin Smith wrote:
> Regarding documenting both C++ and QML at the same time, I will be happy to implement it if we can get a good idea for how to do it.

Well, take https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/192093/ as a case in
point. The docs for the QML and C++ parts are 80% the same. The only
difference really is the code samples. So perhaps one option would be to
allow specifying code blocks and maybe other blocks as being specific to
C++ or QML. The rest of the containing block could then be the same.

Likewise for \property vs \qmlproperty sections. The only difference is
a "Q".

When writing the docs perhaps marking up a class name without the "Q"
prefix could link to the class docs in C++ and the QML type in the QML
docs. So instead of:

"A QFoo can be used to do blah" in C++ vs
"A Foo can be used to do blah" in QML, we could have something like:

"A \type Foo can be used to do blah" then when generating the C++ docs
it looks for the QFoo docs.

> Regarding the creator issue, I don't understand the problem so I can't comment.

Like when building a C++ project in creator and being told by the
compiler there are warnings/errors, creator parses these into issues
that are nicely displayed and when you click on them take you to the
relevant section of the code.

Cheers,

Sean