[Development] QList

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 25 15:48:23 CEST 2017

Em terça-feira, 25 de abril de 2017, às 03:14:54 -03, Marc Mutz escreveu:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2017 06:45:04 André Somers wrote:
> > Op 24/04/2017 om 20:39 schreef Marc Mutz:
> > > On 2017-04-24 20:19, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Nothing, IMO, in the version proposed by me:
> > > https://codereview.qt-project.org/188938
> > >
> > > But since there's been no +2 forthcoming on above change, and I will
> > > have no part in the massive code duplication that the alternative,
> > > making it a class before Qt 6, would entail, I'm considering closing
> > > the CR.
> >
> > Would it not be reasonable to wait until the discussion is finalized?
> > Not that I'm a reviewer or an approver, but I would not give a +2 on any
> > change that basically fixes a direction if the discussion on that has
> > not yet been concluded.
>
> I believe this is exactly what I'm doing here with this request.

Basically the discussion is: what should happen to QArrayList<int> or
QArrayList<void *>?

 a) fail to compile
 b) become an array list
 c) become a vector

I point out that (c) is what QList does, and we don't need the same behaviour
as QList already has.

Marc proposed (a), which is the simplest solution to the problem. I wanted
(b), which would require duplication of code and Marc was unwilling to do
that.