[Development] Proposal for Qt 5.10 platforms and configurations changes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 27 17:01:03 CEST 2017

On Thursday, 27 April 2017 09:02:33 -03 Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> That's because GCC 7 hasn't been released yet, but it will be soon,
> and then it will be in almost every linux distro as a system
> compiler before we ship Qt 5.10, so I think it would be quite wise to
> have it in CI as soon as possible.

If not "before we ship 5.10", it will be the compiler of choice for Linux
distros in 2018, which is when 5.10 is supposed to be used.

That said, we will be testing ourselves (I've already updated my openSUSE
Tumbleweed for it), so it's not like it will be broken. I've also been
building Qt 5.9 with Clang 5.0 (trunk).