[Development] Proposal for Qt 5.10 platforms and configurations changes

Bogdan Vatra bogdan.vatra at kdab.com
Fri Apr 28 08:43:09 CEST 2017

Hi Jake,

On joi, 27 aprilie 2017 15:00:58 EEST Jake Petroules wrote:
> > On Apr 27, 2017, at 7:40 AM, BogDan Vatra <bogdan.vatra at kdab.com> wrote:
> >
> > For Android I'd like to support 64 bit platforms (arm and x86)
>

> They are already supported. Feel free to compile Qt with the appropriate
> -arch options.
I know about that option, because, well, I implement it :).

> Do you mean you want them in CI and want us to start
> shipping binaries for android amd64 and arm64?
Yes, this is what I mean!

> I'm not sure there's enough 64-bit devices out there to justify it yet.
> Android moves very slow...
My hunch is that in 2016 there were shipped more Android arm64 devices than
iOS ones ;-).

x86_64 bins will be used only for chromebooks, though it seems google is
moving way from x86 also on chromebooks, so x86_64 are low priority.

Cheers,
BogDan.