[Development] State of 5.9 and dev branches

Morten Sørvig Morten.Sorvig at qt.io
Tue Aug 8 12:11:13 CEST 2017

Thanks for cleaning this up quickly!

When it comes to testing, do we want to go one step further and
make the tests be completely independent of the current time? We would
like to avoid time bombs like these, and if something _is_ going to
fail at some future date we would like to know so right away.

I coded up a strawman proposal here:
    https://codereview.qt-project.org/201989

It adds a RAII class to QTestLib that allows setting the datetime
(as returned by QDateTime) for the duration of a test function:

    QTestTimeFixer fixedTime(QDateTime(QDate(2015, 1, 1)).toMSecsSinceEpoch());

This is then used to set the date time to sometime in the past for
tst_qnetworkcookiejar, which makes the unpatched version of it pass.
Going further we could set the time to the future and verify that
the cookies expire as expected.

Morten