[Development] FYI: QtMultimedia and 3rd-party libopenal.dylib installs

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 10:53:19 CEST 2017

Hi,

For what it's worth, I notice that the QtMultiMedia build system picks up libopenal.dylib from the target prefix (and source of dependencies) if it's present, despite the fact that it is supposed to link to the OpenAL.framework . In my case that means it built against the software implementation (http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html) which would probably lead to suboptimal 3D audio behaviour.

I have only observed this with Qt 5.8.0 on OS X 10.9 for now (so don't think a bug report is in order); you should be able to test this easily enough for yourselves if you're still using MacPorts as a source of dependencies (just install port:openal-soft).

Regards,
R.