[Development] Introducing discussion about QStringFormatter

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:05:06 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-10 22:20, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 10 de agosto de 2017 17:53:39 PDT Sze Howe Koh wrote:
>> On 10 August 2017 at 20:41, MÃ¥rten Nordheim <marten.nordheim at qt.io> wrote:
>> IMHO, "QFormat" isn't a suitable name. First, this class itself does
>> not describe a format, unlike:
> [cut]
>> For these reasons, I'd personally prefer sticking to "QStringFormatter".
>
> Agreed, please use QStringFormatter.

Possibly there could be a qFormat (or even qFormatString) free function
providing extra convenience and abbreviation for the most common use
case? (This could be instead of the static ::format function...)

qFormatString is even less typing than QFormat::Format (13 vs. 15) but
minimal or no loss of clarity.

--
Matthew