[Development] Qt Creator 4.4 RC released

Bullinger, Julius julius.bullinger at intel.com
Fri Aug 18 11:50:57 CEST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Development [mailto:development-bounces+julius.bullinger=intel.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of List for announcements regarding Qt releases and development
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 14:09
To: announce at qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] [Announce] Qt Creator 4.4 RC released

> We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.4 RC!
>
> http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/17/qt-creator-4-4-rc-released/

Hi Eike,

That looks like a great release. I was wondering whether there are any plans to make future pre-releases installable via the Qt installer.

At the moment, there's a bit of pain involved when you have to maintain two separate installations with separate user profiles (since the Creator instance bundled with Qt cannot be removed easily).

It would be really great if we were able to just upgrade and/or parallel install pre-releases via the Maintenance Tool.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work and congratulations for the upcoming release.

Best regards,
Julius
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich