[Development] Maintainers, your actions needed: Change files for Qt 5.6.3

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Tue Aug 29 08:25:07 CEST 2017

Hi Jani,

I have some comments to the change file process:

1. The commit message is "Add change file for Qt 5.6.3" but it should be
    "Add changes file for Qt 5.6.3" (plural)
2. In the last releases, this initial version was WIP, so the maintainer
    needed to adjust the message so it could be merged. I think this is
    useful.
3. How about projects with no changes between 5.6.2 and 5.6.3
    (like qtserialbus)? Usually there is also a changes file with a line
    "No relevant changes in this release", but right now there is no file
    a all.

I know it is some effort for the release team to create these templates,
but with good templates you get consistent final files for the whole
project.

Best regards,
André

Am 29.08.2017 um 06:53 schrieb Jani Heikkinen:
> Hi all,
>
> We have now created initial change files for Qt 5.6.3. Please do needed modifications immediately and get '+2' as soon as possible. We need to get these in to be able to proceed with Qt 5.6.3 release. You can find all open change files for Qt 5.6.3 here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/branch:5.9+status:open+message:%22Add+change+file%22,n,z
>
> After approval those change files will be direct pushed in '5.9', cherry picked in '5.6.3' and finally direct pushed there, see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-August/030722.html
>
> br,
> Jani Heikkinen
> Release Manager

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
André Hartmann, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Software Project Manager

iseg Spezialelektronik GmbH         |  phone: ++49 (0)351 26996-43
Bautzner Landstr. 23                |  fax:   ++49 (0)351 26996-21
D-01454 Radeberg / Rossendorf       |  web:   www.iseg-hv.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing director: Dr. F. Gleisberg, Dr. J. Pöthig
Amtsgericht / Lower district court: Dresden HRB 16250
Ust.-Id.-Nr. / VAT-ID: DE812508942

Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.