[Development] [fix]: Assistant (and others) burning CPU because of #f27d1ccbb24ec2fd4098f2976503478831006cc8 ?

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Thu Aug 31 11:27:30 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Source compatibility. Which is why it's unlikely we'll do it.

René J. V. Bertin 31 August 2017 10:35
> Qt6 isn't going to break anything that builds against a sufficiently
> recent Qt5 version?

I doubt that; but the fact that we may break SC at Qt6 doesn't
necessarily mean we take in every SC-breaking change that's proposed.
Even when we do allow ourselves to break SC, we review each change that
breaks it to decide whether it's really worth the pain it'll cause for
the folk who'll need to change their source code in response to it.
After all, the more we break SC, the more existing codebases delay
upgrading.  Which is why it's unlikely ('though not forbidden),

	Eddy.