[Development] Urgent: Qt 5.9.3 binaries built with too NEW Linux distribution

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Fri Dec 1 09:02:54 CET 2017

We will start using devtoolset-4 again, but in RHEL 7.4. It is easiest and safest change now & should be doable within 5.10.0 schedule. Work is already ongoing.

> >  2) recompile the 5.9.3 binaries and post them. No changes to the
> > source code, just rebuild.

I understand that but still I think we shouldn't do this. Qt 5.9.4 is coming on January and I hope we can wait to fix this there. We are that hurry atm and even this is quite simple task it still takes quite much effort from us. One basic idea with this new release model is just this; if we found some regression it will be fixed quite soon with next patch release. So that's why I hope we can just add this in Qt 5.9.3 known issue & fix this in Qt 5.9.4 instead.

br,
Jani