[Development] QtCS 2017 QtCore sessions

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Dec 4 16:52:37 CET 2017

On Monday, 4 December 2017 06:00:53 PST Marc Mutz wrote:
> Ah, well, yes. Nothing truly originates in C++, true. But, IIRC, the
> Haskell name is maybe. So why is it QOptional and not QMaybe? Because
> the C++ interface is used as the basis, not something from Haskell.

FYI, I wrote QMaybe some 9 to 10 years ago, when D-Bus was discussing having
maybe types.

https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#idm423, see "Reserved
for a 'maybe' type compatible with the one in GVariant, and must not appear in
signatures used on D-Bus until specified here"

Since it didn't happen there, it didn't happen for us either.

> Alex Stepanov also agrees that vector may not have been his wisest
> naming choice for a dynamic array container, but it's still QVector, and
> not QArray, after all

And QList is not a linked list.