[Development] systematic crash-on-exit in QDBusConnectionPrivate::closeConnection

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:36:09 CET 2017

On Tuesday December 05 2017 11:11:12 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Ok, the only differences between 5.9 and 5.10 are replacing 0 with nullptr and
> removing one no-op.

Has anything changed in the handling of style plugins between 5.8 and 5.9?

A few more lines of output later I now know that the stale sender object corresponds to the style instance which is delete'd (much) earlier than the call to QDbusConnectionPrivate::closeConnection() in the global destruction.

Yet we call `disconnect()` in the style dtor.

I'm a bit at a loss understanding why this would bite us only in very select applications. The only sensible explanation I see is that the app in question here (rekonq) hasn't been maintained for a few years and may never have been ported correctly to Qt5.

R.