[Development] QTimer::setInterval() and <chrono>

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Dec 7 10:37:48 CET 2017

Il 07/12/2017 09:19, Christian Ehrlicher ha scritto:
>  From my pov <chrono> is a c++11 feature and since Qt5.9 needs c++11 the
> include gueard is superfluous. But I don't know if there is a supported
> platform which is still supported and chrono is not available...
> If the include guard is superflouos, I can create a patch.
> btw: the same goeas for qmutex.h and qobject.h

Although in general Qt > 5.6 requires C++11, we don't require _complete
C++11 support_ from the compiler, in order to support as many platforms
as possible. We don't (and cannot) use certain language features; some
language feature needs protection via #ifdefs and other macros; and we
unconditionally require minimal support from the Standard Library (as of
now, I think, only containers, <new>, <type_traits>).

Support for <chrono> from the Standard Library is one of the things that
Qt includes conditionally. I'm not sure which platform we want to
support doesn't have it yet (QNX? maybe osX?), and since we don't want
to drop that platform, we protect the inclusion. Yes, this also means
you need to upgrade your compiler to support the has_include mechanism.
(Or, patch your local version of Qt...)

Hope this helps,

KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts