[Development] QML and Qt Quick versioning of our modules

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Dec 7 17:26:57 CET 2017

On 07/12/17 16:06, Jason H wrote:
> Let me ask this, are the versions maintained separately from Qt? If they are, then they should bump, but if they aren't you're just wasting effort. It may be that modules can be maintained separately, but how often is that done? It seems like even Qt 3D is maintained as a proper Qt module, tied to Qt releases. If they want to have inter-release bumps 5.10.x would seem to be the way to go?

I would oppose this idea. There is supposed to be backward and forward
compatibility in a patch release. Bumping the imports in a patch release
breaks this (you can have code using Qt 5.10.1, importing Qt Quick 5.10,
and which doesn't work with Qt 5.10.0).

My 2 cents,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts