[Development] Suggestion to add labels when changing API

Sergio Ahumada sahumada at texla.cl
Fri Dec 8 21:07:04 CET 2017

On 08.12.2017 20:52, Adam Treat wrote:

> As another alternative I'm trying to figure out if Gitlab's CI system
> has a way to deal with this:
>
> https://forum.gitlab.com/t/trigger-ci-build-if-any-dependent-git-repo-is-updated/9725
>

> They do have ways to kick off integration jobs based on git triggers
> and/or other logic: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/yaml/#jobs
>
> I think we could design atomic integrations across submodules with
> something like that.
>
> In general, has anyone looked into Gitlab's CI system and
> compared/contrasted with COIN?

I have no idea how they do it .. but you could listen to gerrit
stream-events parse project/branch (and even files/paths to implement
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-869) and match that against a
yaml configuration file (or the same default-demo.xml from QTBUG-19580)
and trigger the Jenkins jobs accordingly

--
Sergio Ahumada
sahumada at texla.cl