[Development] How fast grab a QML item's content to image when it updates?

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:43:23 CET 2017

Now I tried to use the following code:

classBindableFbofinal:publicQSGBindable

{

public:

explicitBindableFbo(QOpenGLFramebufferObject*fbo)

:m_fbo(fbo)

{}

voidbind()constfinal{m_fbo->bind();}

private:

QOpenGLFramebufferObject*m_fbo=nullptr;

};

Grabber::Grabber(QQuickItem*parent)

:QQuickItem(parent)

{

setFlag(QQuickItem::ItemHasContents);

connect(this,&Grabber::windowChanged,

this,&Grabber::scheduleWindowChange);

}

voidGrabber::setSourceItem(QQuickItem*sourceItem)

{

if(sourceItem==m_sourceItem)

return;

m_sourceItem=sourceItem;

emitsourceItemChanged(m_sourceItem);

update();

}

QQuickItem*Grabber::sourceItem()const

{

returnm_sourceItem;

}

QSGNode*Grabber::updatePaintNode(QSGNode*oldNode,

UpdatePaintNodeData*updatePaintNodeData)

{

Q_UNUSED(updatePaintNodeData);

if(!m_sourceItem)

returnoldNode;

m_running=true;

constautoitemNode=QQuickItemPrivate::get(m_sourceItem)->itemNode();

constautoparentNode=itemNode->parent();

constautosiblingNode=itemNode->previousSibling();

if(parentNode)

parentNode->removeChildNode(itemNode);

constQScopedPointer<QSGRenderer>renderer(

QQuickItemPrivate::get(this)->

sceneGraphRenderContext()->createRenderer());

QSGRootNoderootNode;

rootNode.appendChildNode(itemNode);

renderer->setRootNode(&rootNode);

constQSizesize(m_sourceItem->width(),m_sourceItem->height());

renderer->setDeviceRect(size);

renderer->setViewportRect(size);

renderer->setProjectionMatrixToRect(QRectF(QPointF(),size));

renderer->setClearColor(Qt::transparent);

QOpenGLFramebufferObjectfbo(size);

renderer->renderScene(BindableFbo(&fbo));

fbo.release();

rootNode.removeChildNode(itemNode);

if(parentNode){

if(siblingNode){

parentNode->insertChildNodeAfter(itemNode,siblingNode);

}else{

parentNode->prependChildNode(itemNode);

}

}

QElapsedTimeret;

et.start();

constQImageimage=fbo.toImage();//TOOLONG!

staticintcount=0;

qDebug()<<"Elapsed:"<<et.elapsed()<<count;

++count;

//image.save(tr("test%1.png").arg(count++));

returnoldNode;

}

voidGrabber::scheduleWindowChange(QQuickWindow*window)

{

disconnect(m_updateConnection);

if(window){

m_updateConnection=connect(window,&QQuickWindow::afterRendering,

this,&Grabber::scheduleUpdate);

}

}

voidGrabber::scheduleUpdate()

{

if(!m_running)

update();

else

m_running=false;

}

Where for the 800x600 window, the elapsed time of  fbo.toImage() is
around of ~8 msec
(with GPU rendering on Windows, as I assume). If try to expand a window
to full screen
(1920x1080 in my case), then this time increases up to ~30 msec.

I'm not sure, is this code correct? Is this values correct? Could
someone elaborate it?