[Development] Time to switch to android-clang

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 19 17:18:46 CET 2017

On terça-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2017 03:25:17 PST Sergio Martins wrote:
> Furthermore, supporting both android and android-clang is a maintenance
> burden: the mkspecs are often broken, either because of a new Qt version
> or because of a new NDK version. Then you have to test not only gcc and
> clang, but also test builds with the older NDKs.
> So we should also bump the NDK.

I'm not familiar with Android development and the difficulty in maintaining
android-clang. But seeing as we're already doing that anyway, it should be
less work to change to Clang. I'm all for upgraing compilers, so a +0.5 for
me.

However, please answer this: what kind of compatibility do we need and for how
long do we need to provide it?