[Development] [Android] Use pkg-config to link with external libraries in qmake project

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 09:39:20 CET 2017

Hi all,

is it possible to use the pkg-config to build the
Android's applications?

e.g. I want to use the GStreamer for the Android
application, using the pkg-config.

I already have installed & configured the the Android
Kit, have downloaded the Gstreamer SDK for ARMv7 platform.

I use the Windows host, so, I have downloaded the
pkg-config 'lite' binary for windows and have added
the following env build variables into QtC:

1. PKG_CONFIG_PATH = c:\Android\gstreamer\armv7\lib\pkgconfig\
  - a path to my Android's GStreamer pkg-configurations installed.

2. PATH = c:\pkgconfig\bin;
  - a path to downloaded pkg-config executable.

When I try to open my qmake-based project, e.g. with
following content:

CONFIG += link_pkgconfig

PKGCONFIG += \
     gstreamer-1.0 \
     gstreamer-base-1.0 \
     gstreamer-video-1.0 \
     gstreamer-app-1.0

and to run the qmake, then I got the following errors:

"
Project WARNING: Cross compiling without sysroot. Disabling pkg-config.
Project WARNING: Cross compiling without sysroot. Disabling pkg-config.
Project ERROR: gstreamer-1.0 development package not found
"

This says about the 'sysroot', but, I have no any sysroot for Android kit,
besides the QtC 'sysroot' Kit's field is empty and not editable (it is
read-only).

So, my question is: how to use pkg-config && qmake && Android?

PS: I have use similar cinfiguration to build an applications
on Windows host (with pkg-config), and all be fines...

BR,
Denis