[Development] Dropping of MSVC 2013

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed Dec 20 15:17:43 CET 2017

MSVC2015_64

18 %

5.10.0

MSVC2017_64

24 %

5.10.0

MSVC2017_64

24 %

So MSVC 2013 is now the least used compiler by both our customers and the community, and seems to be dropping fast. Given that 5.11 is still some months out, download percentages for this compiler would probably be in the single digit range by then.

So my proposal is to drop MSVC 2013 support from 5.11 and onwards.

Cheers,
Lars