[Development] [Interest] Contributing to Qt

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 11:50:12 CET 2017

On 30 Dec. 2017 16:12, "Igor Mironchik" <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I want to contribute a little to Qt.

I cloned qtbase from git://code.qt.io/qt/qtbase.git

Created branch with

git branch test

git checkout test

made changes

git commit -a

Great but now I have a question: how should I correctly push my changes?

Provide a working example please.

Thank you.

Hi Igor,

The short version is: You need to set up your Gerrit account, add Git
hooks, and and configure your local repository to use the Gerrit remote
repository. Push your commits to the remote repository.

The exact details are a bit long. To get started, read through
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines and
https://wiki.qt.io/Setting_up_Gerrit

Note: If you use the "init-repository" Perl script from qt5.git, it will
automatically set up the Git hooks and the remote repo for all Qt 5 repos
(not just qtbase.git). If you don't use this script, you will need to
manually configure every repo.

Finally, since this thread is about contributing to Qt, let's continue this
discussion at development at qt-project.org (remove interest at qt-project.org
when you reply)

Regards,
Sze-Howe