[Development] CI stability

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Thu Feb 9 11:52:22 CET 2017

Hi Lars,

On Wednesday 08 February 2017 10:46:36 Lars Knoll wrote:
> Anybody who identifies a flaky test (ie. a test that is randomly failing in
> CI), can blacklist that test; under one condition. He needs to at the same
> time create a P0 bug report about it. Please also add the labels
> ‘autotest’ and ‘flaky’ to the bug report, so that we can follow up on
> those.

A request for clarification:

If a test fails on 5.8, it's clear: blacklist it in 5.8, too, backport to 5.6
as needed.

What about 5.9 and dev? I'd push the blacklist to 5.8 if the test in question
didn't change since 5.8, but maybe the implementation of the functionality did
change and made the test flaky?

Still submit to 5.8 or to the branch it was seen failing on, even if that
means multiple identical commits to different branches down the line?

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts