[Development] Warning about unknown escape sequences in qtremoteobjects

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:56:29 CET 2017

Dear Qt developers,

when building Qt 5.9.0 from git (by coincidence it was the same commit as
5.9.0 Alpha), I got many of the following warnings in qtremoteobjects:

In file included from main.cpp:43:0:
repparser.h:2:10: warning: unknown escape sequence: '\.'
 #line 57 "..\..\src\repparser\parser.g"

caused by lines like

#line 57 "..\..\src\\repparser\parser.g"

in
repparser.h and repparser.cpp. Those are just warnings, but treated as
errors in the dev build. I always try to fix things like those myself, but
this time, I'm a bit stuck where this came from. Hence my question:
1. Should it be  #line 57 "../../src/repparser/parser.g" or  #line 57
"..\\..\\src\\repparser\\parser.g"
2. The files are generated by qlalr. So is the bug in qlalr or is it in the
input document, qlalr is parsing or even somewhere else?

Any ideas?

Cheers R.