[Development] [Releasing] Qt 5.8.0 API review

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Wed Jan 4 15:43:57 CET 2017

Back on the 7th of November 2016 I announced:
> With the 5.8.0 release now close at hand, I've updated the API reviews:

I've now updated these for the actual 5.8.0 branch (fetched this morning):

https://codereview.qt-project.org/170634 - qtbase
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170635 - qtdeclarative
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170636 - qtactiveqt
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170637 - qtmultimedia
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170640 - qtconnectivity
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170641 - qtwayland
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170642 - qt3d
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170643 - qtserialbus
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170644 - qtserialport
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170645 - qtandroidextras
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170646 - qtwebsockets
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170647 - qtwebengine
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170648 - qtcanvas3d
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170649 - qtcharts
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170650 - qtdatavis3d
https://codereview.qt-project.org/170652 - qtscxml
https://codereview.qt-project.org/176059 - qtquickcontrols2

> Note that, although Gerrit thinks of these as proposals to change 5.8,
> they are actually commits based on tag v5.7.0 showing what's changed in
5.8.0's
> API, with lots of boring bits filtered out.

As before, it would be nice if some of these did in fact get reviewed -
and J-P Nurmi gets the prize for having done that before I even sent
this - indeed, within a minute of the new push :-)

Gerrit should make it easy to compare the new patch set to the previous,
which should make review easy - if your module hasn't changed too
drastically since the previous review in early November ...

	Eddy.