[Development] Switch Qt Remote Objects to a Tech Preview for Qt 5.9
oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Mon Jan 9 16:54:40 CET 2017
On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 02:50:52PM +0000, Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) wrote:
> As the maintainer for the Qt Remote Objects (QtRO) playground project,
> I would like to officially request moving it from a playground project
> to a Qt project.
i had a quick look at the repo:
- there is still copy of moc's c++ parser in there. not much to do about
it at this point, except that repc is mostly redundant with moc to
- why not make it an output mode of moc? or at least, it would seem
sensible to make moc output an intermediate json file with the meta
info it extracted, and still leave the code generation to repc -
that would remove the double parsing, and always ensure consistency.
- i see that repc creates qdatastream operators for q_enums & co. -
that *really* seems like generic moc stuff.
- please verify that improvements to moc and the meta type system have
not obsoleted some repc functionality in the first place.
- was that promised discussion vs. qtsystems actually ever had?
- lots of build system hacks for obsolete qt versions
- lagging in coding style practice (replace foreach, other c++11
More information about the Development