[Development] State of dev branch in CI

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Tue Jan 10 12:37:56 CET 2017

Thanks.

Regarding RHEL 7.2 I think there were or are two mistakes:

    (1) When it was added to 5.8 I understand that there was a waiting period until some related fixes propagated to dev, before it could be added there. Between _that_ point in time and now, several months passed. This would less likely have happened if it had been followed up quickly, i.e. monitor and push the fixes through into dev and right after that add RHEL 7.2 to dev.

    (2) I really wish the placement of the configuration files for the platforms being moved to qt5.git had a high priority, because it prevents situations like these where the R&D organization, the project, contributors and partners in the ecosystem are blocked from work for several days. As such a configuration change went into the CI last Thursday and the problem was noticed last Thursday, the change _remained_ in there until now we have confirmation that it is going to get reverted. If this had been part of qt5.git the change would not go live until all the issues are fixed, while nobody else is blocked in their work.

Simon