[Development] invokeMethod() with function pointers

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 17 18:11:32 CET 2017

Em terça-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2017, às 11:21:56 PST, Grégoire Barbier
escreveu:
> And maybe lambdas too, if there was a way to choose the thread/eventloop
> in which we want the lambda to be executed (but christmas was a few
> weeks ago, I should not dream ;-)).

If we do this, it should be possible to write:

	QMetaObject::invokeMethod(object, [=]() {
		doSomething(); return something; },
		Qt::BlockingQueuedConnection,
		Q_RETURN_ARG(foo));

Since we have lambdas and std::bind, I don't see the point of supporting
passing arguments. The return value is interesting still.