[Development] QWidget::setWindowState(Qt::WindowStates) vs QWindow::setWindowState(Qt::WindowState)

Thomas Søndergaard thomas.sondergaard at karoshealth.com
Tue Jan 17 21:37:31 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm looking at the Qt code with intention to fix it so this code

    QWidget widget;
    widget.setWindowState(Qt::WindowMaximized);
    widget.showMinized();

will show the window iconified and when the user (or program) unminimize
the window it pops up maximized. This is currently not possible (QTBUG-57882
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57882>).

I've been trying to read the Qt code and it seems to me the problem is that
QWindow::setWindowState(Qt::WindowState) and
QPlatformWindow::setWindowState(Qt::WindowState) only take a
Qt::WindowState argument not a Qt::WindowStates argument. This seems to
make it impossible to set the correct state on the windows-system window.

Is this intentional or a known issue?

I would be happy to get suggestions for how this is best fixed.

Best regards,
Thomas