[Development] qt5.8 : configuring the use of PulseAudio and/or GStreamer

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:08:03 CET 2017

Hi,

Still tinkering with Qt 5.8, now doing a more complete "toplevel" build on Mac.

I have PulseAudio and Gstreamer 1.0 installed in the target prefix, but those are strictly for use with GTk/Gnome apps, I don't want to introduce dependencies on these libraries in Qt.

I see that QtMultiMedia's plugins.pro has

unix:!mac:!android {
    qtConfig(gstreamer) {
       SUBDIRS += gstreamer
    } else {
        SUBDIRS += audiocapture
    }

    qtConfig(pulseaudio): SUBDIRS += pulseaudio
    qtConfig(alsa): SUBDIRS += alsa

    # v4l is turned off because it is not supported in Qt 5
    # qtConfig(linux_v4l) {
    #     SUBDIRS += v4l
    # }
}

But yet the configure process picks up both PulseAudio and GStreamer 1.0. As expected this still happens when I out-comment the relevant lines in the above snippet.

I've managed to get rid of PulseAudio by hacking qtmultimedia/src/qtmultimedia/configure.json but not so with GStreamer.

What happened with the --no-pulseaudio configure argument? I get the impression that one can supposedly pass arguments to QtMultiMedia's configure step, but how does that work?

Google hasn't been of much help, only older results that discuss how to *activate* PulseAudio support for cross-platform development.

Thanks,
René