[Development] DEFAULT_INCDIR and DEFAULT_LIBDIR in Qt 5.8/configure

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:31:36 CET 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> Among the tweak I have in my script to build Qt for installation into
>> /opt/local, using dependencies from there, I have a patch for
>> qtbase/configure that prunes a number of unnecessary/undesirable items from
>> DEFAULT_INCDIR and DEFAULT_LIBDIR (see below).
>
> Why do you need to prune anything?

If memory serves me well unwanted libraries were being pulled in from Ubuntu's
multiarch system libraries. Possibly system Qt5 libraries that I've since
uninstalled.
As far as I can tell the patchfile was created almost 2y ago and never
documented exactly what happened. It looks like the pruning is no longer
necessary; time will tell whether I'll need to intervene in toolchain.prf.

R.