[Development] qt5.8 : configuring the use of PulseAudio and/or GStreamer

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:40:43 CET 2017

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> that's what happens when you don't follow my instructions. i explicitly
> told you that the configure approach is for a top-level (qt5.git) build.

You wrote
>> if you're doing a top-level build, you just pass it to configure.

I'm doing a top-level build, not from qt5.git but from the qt-everywhere-
opensource-5.8.0RC tarball. So I'm using a traditional configure/make/make
install cycle.

When you pass -no-pulseaudio to configure it ends up in the "qmake [...] --
"[...] -no-pulseaudio [...]" commandline.

>> > otherwise, "qmake <srcdir> -- -no-pulseaudio -no-gstreamer".
>> >
> *this* is the syntax you need. _in qtmultimedia_.

Yeah, I got that, but it's not what I'm doing.

R.