[Development] platform theme plugins and automatically loading them

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:31:49 CET 2017

René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> 2. Has anything changed in the related functionality between Qt 5.7.1 and Qt
> 5.8.0? I'm currently testing 5.8.0RC installed into a "destroot" (make install

Something has indeed changed here, but apparently already in 5.7.1 . I have a
version check in my platform theme plugin that prints a warning in case of a
mismatch, and that always worked. AFAICR I didn't have to rebuild the plugin
before it loaded when I upgraded from 5.6.2 to 5.7.1, I just got that warning
every time I started an application.

The lack of feedback is quite annoying actually, esp. since other plugins load
without problem.

R.