[Development] qt5.8 : configuring the use of PulseAudio and/or GStreamer

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:20:59 CET 2017

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> that doesn't matter. the point is that you talked about qtbase.pro
> instead of the top-level project qt.pro.

I've also been talking since the beginning about configure. Sorry about the
confusion. That configure script is obfuscated enough to make it very easy to
miss the fact it chdirs back up 1 level (after the toplevel configure script did
the opposite).

The fact remains that it's qmake that complains about unknown arguments when I
pass -no-pulseaudio and/or -no-gstreamer.

Let me try to reformulate the question: what options must I pass to
../qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.8.0-rc/configure so that the qtmultimedia
component is built without pulseaudio and gstreamer support? I'm doing an out-
of-source build, hence the "../qt*".

R.