[Development] qt5.8 : configuring the use of PulseAudio and/or GStreamer

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:35:35 CET 2017

Edward Welbourne wrote:

> which I suppose to be fairly explicit about which configure script he's
> talking about.

Thanks, Eddy.

I know it's important to avoid ambiguity, but I have also mentioned from the
beginning that I was doing a top-level build and it simply didn't occur to me
immediately that there could be confusion about which configure script I was
calling. Apologies for that, but why would someone call qt-
everywhere*/qtbase/configure directly in a top-level build, instead of qt-
everywhere*/configure? Or worse, even if I did, would I be stupid enough to skip
the -top-level argument which is evidently the reason I knew this is called
doing a top-level build?!

R.