[Development] invokeMethod() with function pointers

Grégoire Barbier devel at g76r.eu
Sat Jan 21 13:35:31 CET 2017

Le 21/01/2017 à 00:20, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> It's a shift of responsibility. If we had the BlockingAutoConnection (or
> SynchronousConnection, which is what I wanted to call it during Qt 4.5 when I
> first proposed it), the deadlock would be Qt's fault. Since it's you doing
> that, the deadlock becomes your fault and you're the one who needs to fix it.

Sorry I didn't realized until reading this that the deadlock was in the
if itself, it's stupid. So of course I agree to not shift the
responsibilities and will keep writing my own ifs (where they are safe).

Anyway the other ideas in the thread are still interesting IMO.
Thanks.

--
Grégoire Barbier :: g à g76r.eu :: +33 6 21 35 73 49