[Development] Texture image loading library

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:02:57 CET 2017

> 21 янв. 2017 г., в 16:25, Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at kdab.com> написал(а):
>
>  It's
> about being able to parse texture files into CPU addressable memory. From there
> it can be used by OpenGL, Direct3D, Vulkan, Metal, $OTHER_API.

Do I understand correctly that all is needed is to scan header of the texture, get some info from it and than load whole texture to the byte array?
It may be reasonable to create separate libraries that handle specific textures (dds, etc1, …).
For now, I see some duplication of the code - there are similar structures in qt3d/src/threed/textures/qgltextureutils.cpp and qtimageformats/src/plugins/imageformats/dds/ddsheader.h, for example.