[Development] Policy for examples with large resources?

Julius Bullinger Julius.Bullinger at asctec.de
Mon Jan 30 09:40:57 CET 2017

Hi Konstantin

On Friday, 27 January, 2017 at 17:48, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 27.01.2017, 19:41, "Oswald Buddenhagen" <oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io>:
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 03:48:54PM +0000, Sean Harmer wrote:
>>>  Is there a way we can get a git-lfs repo set up as a submodule to be
>>>  referenced by the qt3d repo?
>>
>> sure. you just need to prototype a solution which i can deploy to our
>> server. as of now, you have gerrit 2.7 and apache at your disposal.
>>
>>>  Or is there some other solution that would be preferred?
>>
>> one quite ugly variant is doing poor man's "lfs" by putting a script in
>> the repo which uses wget and such to fetch data from some well-known
>> location. the file names on the server should be versioned, of course.
>> the problem is of course reviewing and uploading the files ...
>
> Another variant which is similar but (arguably) somewhat less ugly is to put
> assets into Conan[1] package. We already have necessary qt5.git infrastructure
> in place.
>
>  [1] https://www.conan.io/

What do you mean by "We already have necessary qt5.git infrastructure in place"?

As a Conan user myself, I'd like to learn more about these packages. Are there official Qt packages for Conan available? I've found a few unofficial ones, but didn’t know anything about official support. Could you provide a link or some documentation?

Thanks,

Julius