[Development] Shall we turn on /utf-8 compiler option when build qt for Windows?

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Jan 30 09:56:46 CET 2017

Il 30/01/2017 02:21, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
> So, we should:
>  a) still avoid non-ASCII in our source files, aside from comments
>  b) allow non-ASCII in comments, as needed

Didn't we have issues with UTF-8 in comments too, when using MSVC?

>  c) turn the -utf-8 option on for MSVC2015U3.

But just for Qt own build, not push this option onto the users. Also,
does this fix anything? Is MSVC 2015 U3 the only one complaining, and we
can live with UTF-8 in the source when using other compilers?

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts