[Development] Shall we turn on /utf-8 compiler option when build qt for Windows?

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Mon Jan 30 18:41:54 CET 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 11:23:30AM +0000, Simon, Hausmann wrote:
> We practically support three different front-ends: GCC, clang and
> MSVC. All three - MSVC with the help of an option - can
> grok UTF-8. Let's use it at least inside Qt :)

Qt source is handled by a variety of tools, not only compilers.

Nowadays they kind of all kind of always support kind of UTF-8, yeah, so
use it, if it works. Fine.

But I absolutely don't get the point of trying to run with my head into
a wall because I know there is a door in the wall on the construction
drawing in this place, even if my eyes tell me it's a couple of feet to
the left.

Andre'