[Development] WA_MacBrushedMetal

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 10:12:06 CEST 2017

On Friday July 07 2017 20:55:34 Gabriel de Dietrich wrote:

Hi Gabriel,

>QMacStyle is no longer using this attribute in 5.10. See https://codereview.qt-project.org/194383.
>We can’t remove it until Qt 6, but it should be documented as deprecated and effectively useless.

That's more or less what I had in mind. I haven't checked if the corresponding attribute still has any effect in Xcode's InterfaceBuilder but as I said it seems that WA_MacBrushedMetal has only adverse effects in recent Qt versions.

If that's not because of something I'm doing wrong that would argue for removing all related code from QMacStyle, leaving only the attribute definition. Better that it has the same lack of effect across all styles (possibly just a qWarning()) than maintaining code that no one would use anyway, no?

R.