[Development] How is Quick Controls 2 deployment meant to be ?

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 11:08:18 CEST 2017

<development at qt-project.org>:

> > The fact that something is a 'text' file does not make it different, permissions make a difference.
>
> True, but this discussion moved specifically to Linux, while what I mentioned in the first place was Windows, which is sadly still the most used platform in the world.

The same applies to Windows (since Vista I think). Standard users do
not have write access in system critical folders including "Program
Files" and Admins will only have access after a UAC prompt.

That's why some software install themselves in user's AppData when the
user does not have admin rights.

Benjamin Terrier