[Development] QT 5.9. Issues with QWebEngine

Sudhir Sharma Sudhir.Sharma at mindtree.com
Wed Jul 12 12:17:38 CEST 2017

HI,

QWebEngine does not take exact proxy settings from System (as done in internet browsers like Chrome)
Internet client is configured to use proxy for internet addresses and bypass it for local addresses.

But it does not happen. QWebEngine fails to bypass proxy for local urls.

Scenarios:

-          Remove proxy in Browser. -> webengine is able to load local urls but NOT internet URLs

-          Add proxy in browser -> webengine is able to load  internet URLs but NOT local URLs

-          If I set the proxy in browser and check to ignore local addresses, browser works fine for both local and internet addresses. I am expecting same functionality from QWebEngine.

Please suggest if it is possible.

Regarsds,
Sudhir