[Development] Qt 5.9's new garbage collector documentation? + root_ptr

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 01:25:08 CEST 2017

On 07/12/2017 04:56 PM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> 12.07.2017, 22:35, "Phil Bouchard" <philippeb8 at gmail.com>:
>> Phil Bouchard <philippeb8 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  Maybe we can benchmark all this stuff once I'm done... just out of
>>>  curiosity.
>>
>> Actually I just did a benchmark of my "js2cpp" tool and interpreting the
>> code using Node.JS and js2cpp generates an executable that is 34 times
>> faster!
>
> Now add time of compilation to the sum

So I just did benchmark the following C++ file featuring a loop within
the code (the loop was at the bash shell level previously):
https://github.com/philippeb8/root_ptr/blob/qt/example/javascript_example1.cpp

With the exact equivalent in Javascript:
https://github.com/philippeb8/root_ptr/blob/qt/example/javascript_example1.js

And the executable generated by g++ is still 1.7 times faster than by
using Node.JS.  For small Javascript perhaps the net speed are the same
but the more complex the code is then the generated binary by g++ simply
is faster when compared to the Node.JS interpreter.

Thanks,
-Phil