[Development] Qt 5.9's new garbage collector documentation? + root_ptr

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:14:31 CEST 2017

On 07/13/2017 10:32 AM, Grégoire Barbier wrote:
> Le 13/07/2017 à 14:33, Phil Bouchard a écrit :
>>
>> I'm working on it; it shouldn't take too long.
>
> <3
>
> « I have discovered a truly marvelous proof of this, which this margin
> is too narrow to contain. »
> Pierre de Fermat, 1637 A.D.
>
> Took 356 years to be proven actually.
>
> Anyway compiling JS to C++ was not your first goal if I undestand well.

I'm just killing two birds with one stone here.

> Maybe getting rid of GC is possible without compiling JS. And it may be
> interesting for compiled languages that do use a GC to, like C# or Java.

Swift, C# or Java are all proprietary languages now and they just
embrace and extend whatever you do without giving you credit.  They
already embraced and extended my Fornux PowerCalc with their Microsoft
PowerToys after I had presented it to them using some web submission tool:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_PowerToys#Included_applications

-Phil