[Development] [BB++] Now is 3.5x faster than Node.JS

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 18:22:38 CEST 2017

On 07/22/2017 12:01 PM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On 21 July 2017 at 17:48, Phil Bouchard <philippeb8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For a web engine I don't think it's possible to swap the Javascript engine
>> entirely but it is possible to introduce the BB++ -> C++ -> WebAssembly
>> sequence.
>>
>> For the QML / Javascript dual then it could be replaced by with the QML /
>> BB++ dual and, which harness the power of C++14 and Root.Ptr and we can just
>> let the compiler do the hard work.
>
> But do you have such a QML/BB++ engine? Or is it just a random proposition?

No not yet but honestly I don't think it would be very complicated
because all you have to do is:
- Replace all pointer or gc types with the 'auto' keyword in the QML parser
- Use standard 'operator new'
- Make sure the embedded Javascript code is replaced with BB++
- Run the BBPP2CPP parser
- Compile the generated code using the C++14 standards
- Execute

That's it. Once again I'm here to help Qt because I've been using Qt for
a long time and I think QML/BB++ is a perfect combination.

Thanks,
-Phil