[Development] [BB++] Now is 3.5x faster than Node.JS

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sun Jul 23 08:50:36 CEST 2017

On Saturday 22 July 2017 18:51:28 Phil Bouchard wrote:
> You're probably making a living off memory leaks so it's obvious you get
> offended but I don't think being a counterproductive manager is good for
> the Qt company. In fact it's the first time ever I hear about a manager
> complaining about new technologies that is better and... free.

* You still did not provide evidence that the problems in your QML application
where due to the garbage collection.

* You did not realize it was impossible to avoid garbage collection in
JavaScript, and you had to change your plan from improving the engine
performance, to add a just invented new language to the design to replace a
(like it or not) well stablished, popular language.

* You claimed about Objective C's ARC "This means the Apple OS leaks", again
without proof, and when the technology is very very similar to the state of
the art in C++ with weak and shared pointers.

* You only have brought to the table an implementation that gives nothing that
QObject already has.

So, sorry, but if you feel rejected by the members of this list is because of
dubious technical quality, not because one is "making a living off memory
leaks".

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2